The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your understanding of the concepts learned in this week’s lessons by responding to discussion questions.
- Access the discussion forum for this assignment by clicking on the assignment title.
- Click on “Create Thread.”
- Enter a title for your response in the “Subject” line.
- Type your response into the message field to the following discussion prompt:
- Review Chapter 3: Value and logistics costs
- Pick 2 of the following discussion questions
- 1. Explain what is meant by the term value in a supply chain. How can value best be measured in a supply-chain context?
- 2. Why are processes important in terms of managing logistics? Suggest how the processes of a plan, source, make, deliver and return might differ in the case of the two factories Simple and Complex described in section 3.3.
- 3. What are the advantages of cutting the ‘total cost cube’ in different ways? Summarise the different perspectives on logistics costs provided by fixed/variable, direct/indirect and engineered/discretionary costs, and activity-based costing.
- 4. SuggestbalancedmeasurementportfoliosforthetwofactoriesSimpleandComplex described in section 3.3. In particular, suggest key performance measures in the areas of strategy, process and capability.
Read your classmates’ messages and post at least one reply by the end of the week.