Assignment 1 MGT403 (2nd Term 2021-2022)
Deadline: 10/03/2022 @ 23:59
(To be posted/released to students on BB anytime in Week 4)
|Course Name: Knowledge Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT-403||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1442/1443 H, 2nd Term|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: /10||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- This assignment is an individual assignment.
- Due date for Assignment 1 is by the end of Week 7 (10/03/2022)
- The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-1 students will be able to:
LO 1.1: Recognize the overall knowledge management processes, concepts, goals and strategies within the context of organization.
LO 1.2: Describe how valuable individual, group and organizational knowledge is managed throughout the knowledge management cycle.
L.O 1.3 Define the different Knowledge types and explain how they are addressed by knowledge management in different business environments.
Assignment Questions: (10 Marks)
This Assignment is a report-based assignment.
Besides other materials like journal papers, report, and research articles, students are advised to read chapter 1, chapter 2 and chapter 3 thoroughly from the book prescribed for this course.
Students must use proper references to justify their assignment work.
The Assignment structure is as follows:
- Introduction: (5 Marks)
- Explain the concept of knowledge management. (1 Mark)
- Write a paragraph highlighting the evolution of knowledge management and how knowledge management can help the organisation in present day competitive world. (3 Marks)
- How is tacit knowledge different from explicit knowledge? Why is it important for the organisation to capture both Tacit as well as explicit knowledge? (1 Mark)
- Knowledge management cycles and Models: ( 5 Marks
- Discuss in detail Bukowitz and Williams KM cycle. (1 Mark)
- Describe how the major types of knowledge (i.e., tacit and explicit) are transformed in the Nonaka and Takeuchi knowledge spiral model of KM. Use a concrete example to make your point (e.g., a bright idea that occurs to an individual in the organization). (2 Mark)
- a. Which transformations would prove to be the most difficult? Why? (1 Mark)
- b. Which transformation would prove to be fairly easy? Why? (1 Mark)