Partial Draft assignment (15%)
Due in Week 7
This partial draft writing assignment will be your first opportunity to put use your topic thesis and research to start writing the introduction and background of your report in the correct APA 7 format.
Using the APA Title page you created in class, write the introduction, with your thesis statement, your background and some of your discussion details for your research topic. Refer to the appropriate PowerPoint materials in D2L to help you to plan your writing.
- Create this writing assignment using MS Word (spell check, grammar check).
- Format document using correct APA 7 formatting (font, margins, line spacing, heading)
- Use at least 2 sources in your writing that are correctly formatted in APA 7 style.
- Include the source information on an APA 7 formatted References page to be included on a separate page as part of this assignment.
- Use of 1 visual (photo, image, chart, diagram, table) correctly formatted & cited.
- Review assignment Rubric to ensure you have completed all expectations for this assessment.
- Submit this partial draft document to the designated D2L dropbox once you are finished
- Check your Turn It In results in the D2L dropbox to ensure you have correctly cited sources and paraphrased properly to avoid plagiarism.
Value: 15% of final grade
- Meets expectations for word count (800 words written)
- Contains original written material formatted using APA 7 style
- Includes 1 quotation and 1 paraphrase from sources used in your research portfolio
- All formatting is APA 7 style
- Review assignment rubric (see attached)
|COMM1020: Partial Draft report Rubric|
|Report Format – 20||A||B||C||D||F||x||Score|
|Report Elements (10)||5||4||3||2.5||2-0|
|Present and Accurate||
|Meets APA 7 Report Requirements||
|Organization and Content – 60||A||B||C||D||F||x||Score|
|Effective for the Purpose||
|Solutions and Criteria (20)||
|Writing – 20||A||B||C||D||F||x||Score|
|Sentences and Paragraphs (15)||5||4||3||2.5||2-0|
|Conform to Principles||
|Appropriate to the Situation||
|Total for Report– 100 marks||Your mark: /100|